[haiku-doc] Re: New "workshop" on wireless networks

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 06:59:03 +0200

Hi Axel!

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 23:43:08 +0200 Axel Dörfler wrote:
> On 01.06.2012 16:16, Humdinger wrote:
> >   if anyone has comments, additions, corrections, do  tell.
>
> I might. I just don't have a login, and there is no register here
> button
> anywhere. Any reason why the bug tracker or website login don't work
> here?

For one, that's because originally the user guide translation site was
unrelated to the haiku-os.org site and has its own user/login
management. There are also a set of roles to consider; different
permissions for translators, authors and language managers. For the
pootle localization site it's the same thing.
Also, it was considered that keeping the documentation publicly hidden,
we won't run into issues when topics for future Haiku releases become
public before the release is out. I guess that's not really to keep
future features a secret, but to avoid confusion.

Could you do me a favour, Axel?
I have created a user for you (axeld) at http://i18n.haiku-os.org/userguide/
(password's in your mail). By default, your role is "Not assigned". Can
you check if you can view pages (that'd be great, we wouldn't need a
new role for "Read-only"), and if you can edit pages in block or full
mode (that would be bad...)?
I can delete your account again, if you want...

Anyway, I put up that wlan page at my public dropbox (a pain to
navigate with Web+, impossible with BeZilla...) at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21023348/Userguide/en/workshop-wlan.html

Comments welcome!

Regards,
Humdinger