[haiku-doc] New "workshop" on wireless networks

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "i18n" <haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Documentation Haiku ML" <haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 16:16:44 +0200

Hello there!

I've added a new page to the user guide dealing with joining wireless
networks [1]. It's not really a workshop, but not a general topic either
IMO. Anyway...
Some of the content I liberally grabed from the guide on the website
[2].

I left out some things described there, as I feel the GUI method is the
preferred route to take until password management and a new networking
panel will relieve the user of this chore. That
/boot/common/settings/network/wireless_networks file stuff doesn't work
for me, so I left that out, too.

Please, if anyone has comments, additions, corrections, do tell.
Otherwise, the translations may start whenever they feel it's ready.
Maybe let it simmer a few days though... :) [The status screenshot is
an animated gif, so you'll have to GIMP that outside of Haiku
eventually.]

Once everyone is satisfied, we may discuss reworking that guide [2], as
it strikes me as too technical when there's that nicer NetworkStatus
solution.

BTW, I did some other small changes here and there, so have a lookout
for "fuzzies".

Regards,
Humdinger

[1] http://i18n.haiku-os.org/userguide/view.php?doc_id=105