[haiku-doc] Re: New "workshop" on wireless networks

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 12:40:55 +0200

Hi Humdinger,

On 02.06.2012 06:59, Humdinger wrote:
For one, that's because originally the user guide translation site was
unrelated to the haiku-os.org site and has its own user/login
management. There are also a set of roles to consider; different
permissions for translators, authors and language managers. For the
pootle localization site it's the same thing.

Okay, though one could still join those one day no matter the roles :-)

Also, it was considered that keeping the documentation publicly hidden,
we won't run into issues when topics for future Haiku releases become
public before the release is out. I guess that's not really to keep
future features a secret, but to avoid confusion.

Being an open source project, security would indeed be rather pointless. I think it would suffice if you could choose the release you are wanting to work on or see -- that's something we'd need some day, anyway.

Could you do me a favour, Axel?
I have created a user for you (axeld) at http://i18n.haiku-os.org/userguide/
(password's in your mail). By default, your role is "Not assigned". Can
you check if you can view pages (that'd be great, we wouldn't need a
new role for "Read-only"), and if you can edit pages in block or full
mode (that would be bad...)?

I don't have permission to see anything with that role.

I can delete your account again, if you want...

At least I can't do anything with this role, anyway ;-)

I'd be very much in favor of no longer requiring a login for viewing only. It's okay to hide things a bit, but I doubt anyone would look at i18n.haiku-os.org for the documentation of the last release.

Anyway, I put up that wlan page at my public dropbox (a pain to
navigate with Web+, impossible with BeZilla...) at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21023348/Userguide/en/workshop-wlan.html

Just two remarks:
1) We are already at FreeBSD 9
2) "Haiku does however include an easy script..." -- while I'm not a native speaker, I'd say it's either a simple script, or an easy to use script? :-)

Otherwise it looks nice to me.

Bye,
   Axel.