[haiku-doc] Re: New here

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:05:58 +0200

Sean,

If you are up for a challene, then I hope you can help us out with the
technical review. This involves reading through the already written
documentation (for now all by me :-)) and seeing if it:
a) Confirms to the API documentation guidelines
b) Is technically correct.

We are currently working on the Support Kit. This is an easy entry
point, because most of the modules are self-sufficient. It will get
you up to speed with the documentation process.

Some documents you will have to work through:

1. Getting started tutorial by Alan
http://haiku-os.org/documents/dev/haiku_documentation_team_how_to

2. The Status Page (on how we work)
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/ApiDocumentationStatus

3. The API documentation guidelines
http://factory.haiku-os.org/documentation/Haiku_Book_doxygen/html/apidoc.html

If you have familiarized yourself with these documents, I suggest you
claim Stopwatch.dox or TypeConstants.dox. These are 'easy entry'.

Of course, if you're not into this stuff, let me know, and we'll keep
you in the pool of proofreaders.

Kind regards,

Niels