[haiku-doc] Re: New here

  • From: "Sean Healy" <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:29:04 -0600

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 03:13:52 -0600, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you have any experience with using the BeOS/Haiku API? Any coding
experience? There's not yet that much to proofread, so it would be
good if you could help out with the documentation writing, and the
technical revision.

I am currently a web programmer and in a previous job I was an IBM 390 Assembler programmer, but I haven't done a lot between those two extremes.

I have taken classes in C++ and C#, but although I understand the basics, I don't have much practical experience. I have never programmed for BeOS, but I have read the BeBook in the past.

A lot of the terminology used in C++ is used in slightly different ways in my areas of experience, so I am often unclear as to precisely what terms mean. In addition, PHP and Perl are loosely typed, while assembly language is completely untyped, so I am unused to the intricacies of typed variables. Other than that, I am comfortable with C++ terminology.