[haiku-development] Re: libavcodec 0.5 port

  • From: David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:18:56 +1100

On 2009-03-11, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Also did ffmpeg drop support for GCC 2.95?  I am getting some wierd
> > > compile issues and my concern is that our compiler may not handle
> > > the
> > > code.
>
> They always have issue with asm regs being spilled in various gcc
> versions.
> For months already I've been forced to disable asm optimization to keep
> it building in BeOS.

I probably should have mentioned the issue.  There are a number of new
structures defined which have callbacks in them (to do with offloading
to GPU I think).

They look fine to me but everywhere they are used I get a syntax error

ie
typedef struct x {
} x;

x *funct();

syntax error.

It is probably just the build environment not configured properly yet
but I no idea why it doesn't like it.

--
Cheers
David