[haiku-development] Re: libavcodec 0.5 port

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:21:50 -0700

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 4:09 PM, David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Heya,
>
> With the release of 0.5 ffmpeg I am going to have a go at bringing our
> libavcodec up to date with that release.
>
> Last time I did the port I had issues with libavcodec expecting
> libavutil and libswcaler to be in directories underneath libavcodec.
> I removed references to the subdirectories from the includes in the
> code and modified Jam to include the paths to the other directories.
>
> But I would like to try harder to not modify the code.
>
> I am currently avoiding the issue by using links.
>
> I tried including the parent directory in the search path but that did not
> work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Also did ffmpeg drop support for GCC 2.95?  I am getting some wierd
> compile issues and my concern is that our compiler may not handle the
> code.
>
> --
> Cheers
> David

David,
Here's notes on some recent ffmpeg build attempts:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/media-video/ffmpeg/r17824
I tried building the svn version a few days ago and then when trying
to compile vlc it complained about libswcaler.
A minor patch for haiku is soon to be checked in to break haiku into
it's own case in configure, so if you find any more haiku specific
things that need to go in there let us know.
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-March/064733.html
Note we have many binaries posted in case you need to have any in
place in order to build ffmpage with more of the options enabled.
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/Downloads (use at your own risk,
some or all of these may be broken - but most work)
-scottmc