[haiku-development] Re: What to do with termcap?

  • From: Landon J Fuller <landonf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:09:02 -0500

On Jan 31, 2013, at 3:04 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> That may be so, but Haiku's build system is not meant to optimize your rare
> use case, but rather the common everyday use cases.

I'd consider maintaining an OS to be the common everyday use case (eg, adding
functionality, keeping things in sync, being able to target new devices). I've
never thought about how I'd want to break FreeBSD's world build into a bunch of
manual processes just to save a little time on the initial full build,
especially since (like Haiku) you can use the automated build system to rebuild
just the pieces you need in most cases.

-landonf