[haiku-development] Re: Virtual Memory improvement

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:19:39 -0400

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm afraid this does have a little to do with politics. It's not as if I'm
> unknown in the community, and my last job involved maintaining a code base
> of similar size on my own, so the only reason I'm not a "valid developer"
> yet is fairly arbitrary. I haven't proven something-or-other to the powers
> that be. That's politics. It's also life.

I am pretty sure that the list of assignable developers in Trac is
separate from the list of developer's with commit access on Berlios,
so not having an assignable Trac account isn't really related to any
"commit-access politics." I'm pretty sure it just involves some
settings on Trac. Though of course once someone has commit access they
will probably become an assignable developer. But I don't think being
assignable in Trac requires that you have commit access.

That is what Niels meant (he was our Trac maintainer for a long time.)

> Ah what the heck, I've waited over 5 years for svn write access, what's
> another few months? :^]

We all had to go through some amount of vetting to get commit access.

Regards,
Ryan