[haiku-development] Re: Virtual Memory improvement

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:03:27 +1000

Niels Reedijk wrote:
Hello Rob,

2009/4/10 Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>:
David McPaul wrote:
On 2009-04-09, Rob Judd <judd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just entered a new enhancement suggestion at
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3723 and if someone can
assign it to me I'd like to do this right away. This is how I usually set
up
machines running other operating systems and it works very well.

Rob (haiqu)
Unfortunately haiqu is not a valid developer I can assign to.

There is nothing stopping you from making the changes and posting a
patch against the ticket.

Ah yes, the politics. Just wanted to be sure no-one else was duplicating the
work. Apparently it was almost done, there's a checkbox on the VirtualMemory
Preference panel to select a volume, biut it's greyed out.

This has nothing to do with politics.

I'm afraid this does have a little to do with politics. It's not as if I'm unknown in the community, and my last job involved maintaining a code base of similar size on my own, so the only reason I'm not a "valid developer" yet is fairly arbitrary. I haven't proven something-or-other to the powers that be. That's politics. It's also life.

Ah what the heck, I've waited over 5 years for svn write access, what's another few months? :^]

Rob