[haiku-development] Stepping through net_server

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 20:20:47 +0200

Hi,
I'm trying to use haiku's gdb to step through net_server's init-phase. But gdb only shows me source code of the NetServer.cpp main routine, when I'm stepping through it. So nothing of BeServer's, BeApplication's or BeLooper's inherited source code is showing up. I already compiled the complete operating system with debug support (using SetConfigVar DEBUG : HAIKU_TOP src : 5 : global in my UserBuildConfig), but this didn't get me there.
Which constraints do I have to fulfill for letting it work?

-colin

Addendum:
- the complete haiku source tree is installed (gdb uses the correct net_server source files at least) - doing an objdump -g libbe.so on the /beos/system/lib/libbe.so under Haiku doesn't reveal any debug symbol, but the release/kits/libbe.so on my Ubuntu machine has them.
- my UserBuildConfig looks this way:
AddFilesToHaikuImage home config settings : <keymap>German
   : Key_map ;

DefineBuildProfile disk : image : "/dev/sdb1" ;
DefineBuildProfile debugdisk : image : "/dev/sdb1" ;

switch $(HAIKU_BUILD_PROFILE) {
   case "disk" : {
       AddOptionalHaikuImagePackages BeBook BeHappy BePDF Bluetooth CVS
Development Firefox OpenSound P7zip Pe Subversion UserlandFS VLC Welcome
           WonderBrush Yasm ;
   }

   case "debugdisk" : {
       SetConfigVar DEBUG : HAIKU_TOP src kits app : 5 : global ;
       SetConfigVar DEBUG : HAIKU_TOP src kits network : 5 : global ;
       SetConfigVar DEBUG : HAIKU_TOP src servers net : 5 : global ;
       SetConfigVar DEBUG : HAIKU_TOP src system kernel : 5 : global ;
AddOptionalHaikuImagePackages BeBook BeHappy BePDF Bluetooth CVS Development Firefox OpenSound P7zip Pe Subversion UserlandFS VLC Welcome
           WonderBrush Yasm ;
       AddFilesToHaikuImage home : haiku.tar.bz2 ;
   }
}