[haiku-development] Re: Stepping down from my role as primary sysadmin

  • From: Jessica Hamilton <jessica.l.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 20:00:52 +1300

On 5 February 2015 at 01:31, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 03.02.2015 um 19:35 schrieb Oliver Tappe:
>>
>> the progress with system administrative tasks has been rather slow during
>> the last couple of months. The reason for that is a combination of little
>> free time and not enough motivation to tackle the larger tasks ahead (like
>> for instance the evaluation of code review tools).
>

> Thanks for your hard work in any case!
>
> However, since admin material is probably as rare as developer material, how
> about trying to herd some more of them together, and trying to share the
> task upon more people? Some tasks could then just be delegated.

I'd be willing to try take up some of this work; however, I'm not at
all familiar with non-Debian derived Linux servers (have exclusively
used Ubuntu Server at home). And my only professional sys-admin work
has been with the Windows platform.

However, as Axel points out, I'm sure much of the setup and
configuration info is in your head rather than in documents ;-) This
should be the first priority.