[haiku-development] Re: Stepping down from my role as primary sysadmin

  • From: Joe Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 15:04:55 -0500

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Having thought about the situation for the last couple of days, I'm afraid
> if I'd continue to be Haiku's main sysadmin, the administration and
> development of Haiku's infrastructure wouldn't get the attention it needs.
> As a result, I would like to step down from my role as primary sysadmin
and
> let someone else take over.

I wrote you offlist, but I wanted to let you know I can help out as a
part-time sysadmin if need be.  I know you are really looking for a main
sysadmin, but if I'm being honest with myself, that probably isn't
something I can do, unless the hours required are actually less than I am
imagining.

I know I haven't really given back to Haiku much lately code-wise, and
that's mostly since my life at the moment is essentially Linux sysadmin
work, along with things like general PHP coding and Drupal
development/administration.

- joe