[haiku-development] Re: Some useful haiku projects

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:15:25 +0000

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 17:00, Pier Luigi Fiorini
<pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/11/2 Anoop Kumar Narayanan <anoop.kn@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Project 2:
>> Torrent client for Haiku. Using Librtorrent. (Very Important)
>
> Transmission has a BeOS GUI, someone should:
> - checkout Transmission trunk
> - checkout latest Transmission branch with the beos/ folder
> - port the old GUI to Haiku using layouts and Locale Kit
> - send a patch to the Transmission team

So much has changed in Transmission since then, that this would not be
worthwhile.

The last version with a BeOS Gui was 0.7x.
When I was doing an initial port (compiling actually) of 1.4x, the
beos GUI simply could not work with anything newer than 0.8x due to
restructuring of libtransmission.

IIRC, Transmission is now at 1.7x
They do include a webclient, which works well enough as a GUI.
They also have a nice RPC, which can allow a GUI to be written in any
language, C++, Yab, Python, ...,
For more info, see http://ports.haiku-files.org/ticket/237

--mmadia