[haiku-development] Re: Some suggestion/idea

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 11:49:01 -0800

> I have some suggestion/idea for the default Haiku settings.
>
> Tracker:
> - Single window navigation
> - Show navigator

These first two aren't going to happen.  I asked about this years ago and
it got shot down.  Then I started using the defaults, and you know what,
they were right to shoot me down.  They are just defaults, you are ok to
change them to the setting you wish, but the defaults will probably stay as
they are now.

> And I have some GUI "idea" too:
> - Use the same "arrow" style for the BColumnListView and the menu (to
> indicate if it has items) as used in the Deskbar's application expander
> - Masked BTextControl for passwords (maybe there is already, but I did
> not found it)
> - Url BTextControl for urls (if the Text() is an url than the Label()
> should be display/work as a link) (maybe there is already, but I did
> not found it)
>
> Maybe these are all different, and maybe I need to open a ticket for
> all of these, but I didn't want to spam.

You are probably correct here in asking on the list, and not creating a
bunch of tickets to add features that most may oppose anyways (I am one of
those that has a pitchfork at hand if the need arises).  I'll let others
debate whether these other ideas are worthy or not.  Just don't go opening
a bunch of tickets before the debate happens ;)  Not saying that it's not
welcome to suggest UI changes, but most won't happen pre-R1 and that is the
FOCUS right now.

What do you think? (For me) these would be fine/useful. If it is need,
> I will open a ticket for these ideas.

-scott