[haiku-development] Re: Some suggestion/idea

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:26:04 +0100

On 11/13/2013 11:48 PM, Axel Dörfler wrote:
Am 13/11/2013 21:14, schrieb John Scipione:
Tracker:
- Single window navigation
- Show navigator
Not gonna happen, too politically violtile.

Or, to put it differently: over my dead body :-)

You shouldn't say that too often. Someone might be very passionate about it. ;-)

- List folders first
- Enable type-ahead filtering
These two sounds fine to me, but, I don't know what other's
preferences are, any takers?

I thought folders first already was the default, but I certainly
wouldn't mind to have it that way (I actually implemented it back when
OpenTracker was still being maintained by Be).

And while I have type-ahead filtering enabled, I don't think it's ready
for prime time yet.

Why not? There are certainly a few things that could be improved (mostly visuals), but I find it significantly more usable than the other mode.

CU, Ingo