[haiku-development] Re: Some questions

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 09:18:02 +0200 (CEST)

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Thu, 1 May 2008 19:17:35 +0200 (CEST)
>> Von: "Fredrik Modéen" <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
>> An: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Betreff: [haiku-development] Re: Some questions

>> Haiku,
>> Haiku?
>> >
>> > What about adding this: http://www.bebits.com/app/1688
>> I think it's in svn (most other of his things are) but as the USB in
>> Haiku
>> are heavily changed it won't work without being rewritten.
>
> Hm. Actually, the USB support in Haiku did not change with regards to
> BeOS. Kernel drivers can use the same API, even version 2 and 3 are
> supported side by side. And apps using the USBKit are also fully
> supported. So while I have not looked at this drivers code yet, I would
> think it could just work as is. Have you already tried to make it work?
Yes and no. Not on Haiku as we need Gamport "driver" working under Haiku.
I did test it under Zeta 1.5 but that made zeta crash.

One other possible solution have popped up in my head but will some what
brake R5 compability.

What if Joystick/GamePad (special USB ones) can be used for controlling
the mouse on the desktop and treated as a other input devices?

I think that this would be cool but need allot of thinking trough before
anything like this can be accomplish.

--
MVH
Fredrik Modéen