[haiku-development] Re: Some questions

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 21:40:30 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 1 May 2008 19:17:35 +0200 (CEST)
> Von: "Fredrik Modéen" <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [haiku-development] Re: Some questions

> >> I was thinking of adding http://www.bebits.com/app/2017 source to
> Haiku,
> >> but perhaps we chould have different thing than Gameport thing to
> Haiku?
> >> But I don't know what :(
> >
> > What about adding this: http://www.bebits.com/app/1688
> I think it's in svn (most other of his things are) but as the USB in Haiku
> are heavily changed it won't work without being rewritten.

Hm. Actually, the USB support in Haiku did not change with regards to BeOS.
Kernel drivers can use the same API, even version 2 and 3 are supported side by
side. And apps using the USBKit are also fully supported. So while I have not
looked at this drivers code yet, I would think it could just work as is. Have
you already tried to make it work?

Best regards,
-Stephan