[haiku-development] Re: Software Patents and Haiku

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 06:35:15 -0800

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 3:29 AM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Software patents is mostly a US-problem.
>
> Since the US strives to impose its view to the world, it's definitely
> our problem too (which is why we should also have our voice in US
> elections I guess :p).

Indeed - the U.S. wages a treaty war against the rest of the world.

The U.S. version of copyright also used to be a U.S. problem - but
slowly the rest of the world is being assimilated even as the U.S.
itself is only beginning to learn how wrong it has been.

In any case, moving Haiku, Inc. is definitely not a development
discussion, so I apologize that we've strayed off topic here :)

- Urias