[haiku-development] Re: ShowImage patch

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 14:28:18 +0100

Christian Packmann - 2009-03-06 21:10 :
The KDL can happen pretty quick when loading/zooming a lot of images, but sometimes it works okay for a longer while - no pattern I could discern. A sure way to trigger the KDL is to zoom into an image very deep, more than 16x. This tips the system over right quick, long before any real memory shortage can occur (tested natively with 3.25 GB recognized RAM).

Meh. "Demonstration effect" at its best. I re-tested this after writing the mail, and sometimes ShowImage works reliably for long periods of time when loading lots of images and zooming in/out like mad. No memory leak, no crash. After quitting & restarting ShowImage, I ran into a crash within a minute.
If you want to reproduce this bug, you may need patience to encounter it.

Christian