[haiku-development] Re: Separate shortcut spaces (was: Re: Stack & Tile for Haiku)

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:58:39 +0100

Urias McCullough wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:30 AM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* moving is done with the tab or click&drag&drop anywhere inside a window
(as long as it's not on a widget, naturally).

How would that work well in StyledEdit for example? Only can click on
an empty part of the menu bar?

Damn! Good point... :)

Personally, I also think resizing should be done from any border, with
a modifier key for moving - but I realize this is anti-BeOS behavior
:)

If we start with modifier-key+click, which may be the sensible thing to do, even if it takes getting used to for us BeOS oldtimers, I think we should try to eliminate the need to aim for borders.
Then we could do the "anywhere-in-a-window" thing I suggested earlier.
E.g. shift+click for moving and alt+click for resizing. Or shift+LMB and shift+RMB which would save one modifier key.

Hmmm... I just thought of an app like a graphics program where you would restrict the aspect of an object while transforming it by holding down the shift key.

Maybe better use the "system" key, i.e. "Windows" key. Though that may collide with the Stack&Tile stuff.
Complicated.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de