[haiku-development] Re: Separate shortcut spaces (was: Re: Stack & Tile for Haiku)

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:51:42 +0100 CET

Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/1/16 Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have fully
> > separate shortcut spaces (ranges?), where the system
> > shortcuts (including Tracker) have certain modifier(s)
>
> I agree with you but I'd exclude Tracker, since
> it's an userland application almost like any one
> other.

If systemwide keyboard shortcuts were only for
window management I might agree.

Tracker and your desktop gives the impression of
being the solid foundation of Haiku. It's just
illusion, but a good illusion.

How could it not be seen as "system", or part of it.

But maybe you're right. If I see application-
specific shortcut sets as contextual rather than
application-specific it harmonizes with my view
of Tracker.

(Came to think of it, maybe Cut/Copy/Paste are
exceptions to a clean-cut system/application
shortcut division. Or they could be seen as a
convention that just happens to exist in all
applications.)

/Jonas.