[haiku-development] Re: S3 Video Driver Problem

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 23:07:45 +0200 CEST

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With BeOS and Zeta, the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+Alt F12 will
> change
> the video resolution to 640x480 which would be helpful in this case.
> On
> Haiku, that keyboard shortcut takes you to the Kernel Debugger.  I
> don't
> know of any keyboard shortcut on Haiku for changing the video
> resolution.  Does anyone know if there is such a shortcut?  If there
> is
> none, one should be implemented.

Currently, there is no such shortcut, indeed. F12 alone drops you into
the kernel debugger in Haiku, it doesn't matter what modifier keys are
pressed :-)
We definitely should add such a shortcut, though - maybe one where you
only need to press 3 keys, though; it could also bring up a warning
with the option to revert. Should be pretty simple to implement,
anyway.

Bye,
   Axel.