[haiku-development] Re: S3 Video Driver Problem

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:44:36 -0400

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With BeOS and Zeta, the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+Alt F12 will change the video resolution to 640x480 which would be helpful in this case. On Haiku, that keyboard shortcut takes you to the Kernel Debugger. I don't know of any keyboard shortcut on Haiku for changing the video resolution. Does anyone know if there is such a shortcut? If there is none, one should be implemented.

Currently, there is no such shortcut, indeed. F12 alone drops you into the kernel debugger in Haiku, it doesn't matter what modifier keys are pressed :-) We definitely should add such a shortcut, though - maybe one where you only need to press 3 keys, though; it could also bring up a warning with the option to revert. Should be pretty simple to implement, anyway.
Sounds good. :-)

Best regards,
Gerald