[haiku-development] Re: Res: GSoC: Adding 3D hardware acceleration support through Gallium3d

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:37:42 +0100

I've actually started porting the Nouveau Linux HW driver, going by the way
of designing a linux compatibility layer for video drivers.

At the moment, the following is done:
- Entire Nouveau Linux driver compiles and links with no warnings (via
compatibility layer)
- Haiku version of mini-DRM (linked to Haiku kernel) compiles and links with
no warnings.  By Mini-DRM is subset needed to compile Nouveau driver.
- Haiku accelerant for the Nouveau driver is done (minimal 2D support for
now, set/display mode etc)*
- TTM (another memory manager for graphics card resources) is 20% ported -
when this is done, then the whole stack should come alive.
- GEM is implemented via TTM wrapper.

The nasty thing about the video stack port I'm doing is that I cannot do an
integration test until all the components are done.  I expect that
everything should come together once the TTM port is done.

Once all of the above is complete, then it should be trivial to wrap the
Nouveau Gallium 3D driver to the Haiku accelerant calls (which calls the
Nouveau driver via DRM - in our case, via the accelarant).

Since I'm building a driver compatibility interface, I dont forsee any
problems porting the RadeonHD driver as well.

PS. I've actually been working on this for the last couple of weeks full
time (with a couple of high priority interruptions, but thats normal I
guess).