[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] sigaction SA_SIGINFO support

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:33:30 +0100

Am 25.01.2010 um 19:45 schrieb Ingo Weinhold:

I don't even like the addition of <ucontext.h>. It's an utterless useless header as long as it is not backed by functionality, only adding the risk of tripping configure scripts that erroneously infer from the existence of the header that the features exist as well. More importantly though, the header was already marked obsolescent in 2004 and is no longer POSIX since
2008. I would vote for removing it again.

That's not true. What's marked obsolete are the functions getcontext etc. that I have deliberately left out.

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/ucontext.h.html

The key part is the mcontext_t definition, as pointed out in the ticket, and that does not need backing further than defining it in a useful way.

Feel free to #if 0 out the ucontext_t type if it confuses some piece of software.

Andreas