[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] sigaction SA_SIGINFO support

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:46:56 +0100

Am 26.01.2010 um 07:42 schrieb Ingo Weinhold:

the header itself was not marked obsolescent in 2004. But
that wasn't my point. The header *is* no longer POSIX (well, or at least obsolescent -- signal.h refers to it as such, although the link is broken),
so we shouldn't add it.

The key part is the mcontext_t definition, as pointed out in the
ticket, and that does not need backing further than defining it in a
useful way.

Those are supposed to be defined in signal.h, now.

Still couldn't find any reference on ucontext.h obsolescense on opengroup.org, but I see there'd be a circular reference between sigset_t/stack_t and ucontext_t/mcontext_t:

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/signal.h.html
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/ucontext.h.html

So I'd figure, Haiku should add ucontext.h at some point but make it #include signal.h only and define the types in signal.h?

Feel free to #if 0 out the ucontext_t type if it confuses some piece
of software.

But then, what's the point?

First, careful with u vs. m: I posted #5324 to get mcontext_t.

If there's a piece of software that breaks when defining mcontext_t, please name it. Otherwise it is pure speculation and I'd ask you to add my definition of mcontext_t wherever appropriate, please.

ucontext_t is the one that is unlikely needed without SA_SIGINFO, and I'd be okay not defining it for now.

Then, my point is that half-complete #if 0'ed code is already in the public signal.h header while my patch on haiku-develoment/Trac has been bitrotting for years. Having all of it in the repository would seem advantageous to me, not only to avoid all the rebasing on my part. That's why I suggested to apply the parts of my patch that don't break anything and to consider adding the other ones in disabled form.

Andreas