[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] sigaction SA_SIGINFO support

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:22:42 +0100

Hello,

Am 12.08.2008 um 01:37 schrieb Andreas Färber:

Haiku currently has BeOS-compatible signal handlers, which double as basic POSIX-compliant signal handlers. Attached is a patch which attempts to add support for POSIX-style signal handlers that provide extended information on the signal and context. The SA_SIGINFO flag is used to distinguish, as pointed out by François.

Ping! A long time ago I posted this diff showing some work towards SA_SIGINFO support for x86. Haiku's lack thereof constitutes a source of great pain for porting signal-handling runtimes such as Mono and, apparently, Ruby.

Ingo concluded in this thread that Haiku needed Real-Time Signal Support in terms of a signal queue for SA_SIGACTION to fill in the gaps of my patch.

Am I seeing correctly that there has been no progress on this topic the last two years?

Apart from recently changed VM includes, my patch still cleanly applies and has been rebased:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2695

Could one of the core devs please take another look whether parts of the kernel-side implementation could be applied? Maybe with #if 0 or if (true) where the public headers intentionally do not define relevant types/values yet?

What might be applied already is the new ucontext.h header, defining ucontext_t. For its mcontext_t member I've reused BeOS' struct vregs for simplicity for now.

Thanks for applying this part, stippi!

Andreas