[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Rewriting the main website from Drupal to Hugo

  • From: waddlesplash <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development ML <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 12:29:57 -0500

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Alexander von Gluck IV
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another concern for changing forum software is preserving old content.
They mention importers are WIP until no-longer beta... which might be a game
killer. (do we really want to lose all of our Drupal forum posts?)

No, we don't. I seem to recall that Flarum is slightly more stable
than they make it out to be; but if we can't import Drupal posts, that
would definitely be a game killer. NodeBB would be other other
alternative to look into, I think; unless anyone has any other
suggestions for next-get forum software.

Waddlesplash, could you break your Hugo site work into a github repo @ Haiku
and hand access out to devs who want it?

I could, but I'd prefer not to. A lot of what needs to be done next
will be rather disruptive and won't work very well if other people are
attempting to work on it at the same time. If others would like to
clone it and toy with it, please do, and ask questions as you see fit.

-waddlesplash