[haiku-development] Re: Question about BELIBRARIES and LIBRARY_PATH

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 15:53:07 +0200

Am 05/06/2013 15:39, schrieb Oliver Tappe:
since Ingo and me are restructuring quite a bit on the PM-branch anyway, I
wondered if we should take the opportunity to rename the environment
variables BELIBRARIES (link-time library search paths) and LIBRARY_PATH
(runtime library search paths) to be more aligned with the "standard" way:

        LIBRARY_PATH -> LD_LIBRARY_PATH
        BELIBRARIES -> LIBRARY_PATH

How much work would it be to change it back if we encounter any problems?
Another solution in that case would be to make this part of the ABI detection. In any case, I wouldn't mind the change; BELIBRARIES is even misleading, and has always been.

Bye,
   Axel.