[haiku-development] Re: Q: recover partially corrupt bfs without reinitializing?

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:38:39 +1000

Bruno Albuquerque wrote:
Axel Dörfler wrote:

While I wouldn't like this on my production system, I'd love to be able to reproduce that this well. I'm running Haiku since quite some time as my main OS, and I haven't yet seen any BFS problems so far.
But it's not a nice feeling knowing that you shouldn't trust it yet.

Are you doing Haiku development inside Haiku? Because most of the time I see this problem is when updating the Haiku tree from SVN.

This is precisely why I'm installing my sources on a 2Gb flash stick and building from there. At least if it gets munged, I'll have a backup on the HDD.

Rob