[haiku-development] Re: Q: recover partially corrupt bfs without reinitializing?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 17:50:49

Bruno Albuquerque wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > While I wouldn't like this on my production system, I'd love to be
> > able
> > to reproduce that this well. I'm running Haiku since quite some
> > time as
> > my main OS, and I haven't yet seen any BFS problems so far.
> > But it's not a nice feeling knowing that you shouldn't trust it yet
> > .
> Are you doing Haiku development inside Haiku? Because most of the
> time I
> see this problem is when updating the Haiku tree from SVN.

Indeed I do, and up until 5 minutes after having written that mail,
I've never seen that bug ;-)
Anyway, it was even reproducible within the current session, I just
have no idea what could have been causing this. Unfortunately, we
toasted the system while trying to debug this thing (by manually setting
soft breakpoints in KDL in the kernel).
The block cache contents seemed to be okay, just the BlockAllocator
still handed out the same block twice, not sure how it managed to do
that, though.

Bye,
   Axel.