[haiku-development] Re: Partition name localization in Bootman

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:16:27 -0700

PulkoMandy wrote on Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:05:02 +0100
> > I have been thinking, though, why do the unnamed partitions have to
> > be
> > labeled at all?
>
> It does look quite ugly on the desktop (an icon without a name) and
> it
> makes the mountpoint quite unpredictable. I'd say it's allowed, but
> most
> of the time not really what you want to do. That's why there is a
> default
> name when you create a partition.

I am pretty sure the boot menu entries which you can edit in Bootman
are not the partition names that you see in Tracker. They are two
different things, so even an empty partition label in Bootman will not
mean that said partition will not have a name in Tracker (or Terminal,
for that matter).

Cheers,

Jorge / aka Koki