[haiku-development] Re: OpenSSL inclusion in image

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:40:18 +0200

On 2008-09-14 at 20:55:38 [+0200], Pier Luigi Fiorini
<pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> during IM Kit porting I noticed that the Haiku source tree doesn't have
> OpenSSL.
> I am wondering why it hasn't been included just like other libraries
> like FreeType, it's available only as optional package but it makes
> impossible to build gtalk and msn protocol add-ons from 3rdparty.
> Is there a reson why OpenSSL cannot be compiled building a Haiku image?

It's simply not required for a Haiku base system (unlike FreeType), would
just make the source tree and the repository heavier, and the build times
longer. So unless a really good reason for including it turns up (like
libbe needing SSL support), I'd vote for keeping it out for the time being.

CU, Ingo