[haiku-development] Re: Nightly builds

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 18:11:34 +0100

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 05:19:16PM +0100, Giovanni Mugnai wrote:
> I have a question about nigthly builds: why some of them are marked as
> "Alpha4" and others (for example on the recent last commits on
> http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/ are marked without "Alpha4"?

We are getting ready for the Alpha 4 release. We try to provide a stable
version of Haiku for that. So, we work on two versions of the code at
the same time. The alpha 4 version does not get the new and experimental
features, only bugfixes. Usually this is only true for a short time, but
Alpha 4 got delayed quite a lot and spent a long time in the branch.

--
Adrien.