[haiku-development] Re: Next release discussion

  • From: waddlesplash <ajcsweb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 19:19:13 -0500

On 01/10/2014 06:32 PM, scottmc wrote:
Picking up from where we agreed to wait a bit longer, Google Code-In is now over, and there's been several more weeks of coding contracts, perhaps it's time to revisit the next release discussion. We still need to identify which open R1-Beta1 tickets are really blockers, and see if those can be addressed in the short term or pushed out. And based on those findings I think we'll then be able to decide on whether it'll be Alpha5 or Beta1.

Right now, the one I'm really concerned about is http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/10164 -- we'll get some really nasty feedback from users if that one isn't fixed.

During Google Code-In, well over 100 .recipes were updated/created, so would should probably also ID which of those packages should get added in so that they'd be available via HaikuDepot.
I say we put Qt in. Yes, it's buggy, but hey, it's better than no Qt.

I should get around to working on BePDF some more so 1.2.0 makes it into the next release...
-waddlesplash