[haiku-development] Re: Mouse focus behaviour

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:46:16 +0100

Humdinger wrote:
> -- Humdinger, on Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:19:00 +0200:
>> I see a different behaviour in how to bring windows to the front in
>> "Click to focus" and "Focus follows mouse".
>
> One more thing:
> Isn't the mode "Click to activate" supposed to focus and bring a lower
> window to front when it's clicked anywhere? It only does so when
> clicking on tab/border (besides Tracker windows which can be clicked
> anywhere).

My understanding was it would just give the window focus without
raising, for which a click on the tab is required. I think that's my
preferred behaviour (windows stay where they have been placed in the
Z-order, but things can still be easily copied/pasted into "background"
windows - basically FFM advantages without an accidental nudge of the
mouse meaning input gets sent to the wrong window).

The "left click to front", "right click to back" should definitely be
maintained though. If one of the modes doesn't do that I'd say it's a bug.

Simon