[haiku-development] Re: Mouse focus behaviour

  • From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:43:35 +0000

> -- Humdinger, on Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:19:00 +0200:
> > I see a different behaviour in how to bring windows to the front in
> > "Click to focus" and "Focus follows mouse".
>
> One more thing:
> Isn't the mode "Click to activate" supposed to focus and bring a
> lower
> window to front when it's clicked anywhere? It only does so when
> clicking on tab/border (besides Tracker windows which can be clicked
> anywhere).
>
> If so, related: Should this mode be renamed to "Click to focus and
> raise"?

No.
This mode is meant as an intermediate between FFM and click-to-raise
modes. So that you can easily have an active window in the background,
but still don't make errors with keyboard focus like in ffm when your
mouse drifts away. You can still use the tab or border to raise/lower a
window.

It is the mode used on Amiga computers.

--
Adrien.