[haiku-development] Re: Mouse focus behaviour

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:21:26 +0200

-- Adrien Destugues, on Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:43:35 +0000:
> > Isn't the mode "Click to activate" supposed to focus and bring a
> > lower window to front when it's clicked anywhere? It only does so
> > when
> > clicking on tab/border (besides Tracker windows which can be
> > clicked
> > anywhere).
> >
> > If so, related: Should this mode be renamed to "Click to focus and
> > raise"?
>
> No.
> This mode is meant as an intermediate between FFM and click-to-raise
> modes.
> So that you can easily have an active window in the background,
> but still don't make errors with keyboard focus like in ffm when your
> mouse drifts away. You can still use the tab or border to raise/lower
> window.

But what you describe is the "Click to focus" mode: A click gives it
focus but doesn't raise it.

I think I have described the issues accurately in the first mail.

What the hell! I'm absolutely certain I've seen the issues reported on
the "Click to activate" mode. Now, after switching around and even one
reboot, it works as expected! I hate these things! Reminds me of my
bloddy Windows days. :( Something must trigger the "window isn't
raised"-issue.

Still, "Click to focus" only raises windows on right-click, which is
wrong.
And I still maintain "Click to focus & raise" would be a better name
than "Click to activate", because that's exactly what's happening.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de