[haiku-development] Re: More folders in home

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:10:45 +0200

François Revol wrote:
I suggest to put more folders into home, like most OSs have nowadays: Documents, Pictures, Movies, Music, Downloads. We already have Mail, so this makes sense. And a lot of people keep their stuff organized this way.

Some people hate being imposed that kind of organization.

Nobody is imposing anything. If you don't like the Pictures folder, delete it. It is a suggestion, and also apps that works with pictures may use it as the default folder. Tracker may also come pre-configured to show relevant attributes for each folder.

mail/ is different, the system has to generate mail files, so they must go somewhere.

Why is mail different from pictures? What if I want it elsewhere, or in a pendisk? Or if I don't want to use Haiku for mail at all? I find this folder which I didn't ask for. Where is the difference then?

The only folder into home I find different is config. It does not contain "private" stuff, if you understand what I mean, so it's ok if it's managed by the machine.

Regards,

Gabriele