[haiku-development] Re: More folders in home

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 18:25:17 -0400

Luposian wrote:
On Apr 20, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Thom Holwerda wrote:

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I actually consider the creation
of those trash directories highly annoying, as they happen without user
consent. USB sticks, USB hard drives, they all get the trash directory.

Would you rather we had Haiku constantly ask for permission on everything?

"Haiku is about to create a trash folder on this device... allow it? [Y/N]"

No, wait... that would remind me too much of another OS...

Would it be feasable to have this as an option? A little checkbox in
Tracker's preferences that allows you to turn this creation off (with the inevitable consequence that files on these volumes are deleted immediately)?

Great. And then when people FORGET which device/volume they checked that little checkbox in, they can't recover their file(s) they just accidentally or hastily threw away.

No thank you. I would rather Haiku do some things FOR me, that are for my benefit, than to risk losing files due to (my own) human error.

Sorry to sound so adamant about this, but I think we're chasing bunny trails here, rather than keeping focus on more important things...

+1

Best regards,
Gerald