[haiku-development] Re: Let's become root! [ was: Re: Berlios? ]

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 13:48:02 +0000

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Oliver Tappe<zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One administrative question that came to my mind is: how difficult would it
> be for haiku inc. to pay the hosting bills regularly if those are in EUR?

Does Haiku, Inc. have any kind of credit accounts?  I see that Visa
and Mastercard are accepted at Hetzner.  In this case, the currency
conversion would happen automatically, and the VAT should be waived.
If that route could not be taken and money would need to be wired
every month, that could become cost prohibitive and inconvenient due
to the nature of wiring money.  Naturally, that 49 euros would
correlate to the strength/weakness of the USD at the time as well,
unless they also have a bank account that can deal directly in USD and
they charge a consistent cost for services in USD.  I wouldn't count
on that possibility though.

According to their site, it looks like they do business
internationally, so I don't think we'd need to worry about somebody in
Germany paying the bill every month.  If that were the case though,
and we would need to keep having you or somebody else pay the bill
every month, I could see the potential for problems arising.  That is
unless of course if there is a trusted team (like you, Axel, Ingo,
Stephan, whoever) that makes sure the bill is paid every month,
consistently.  Naturally, VAT would kick in too in this case.  And
lastly, Haiku, Inc. would have to be sure to have to compensate those
paying, naturally.

- joe