[haiku-development] Incorrect collation

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 09:42:29 +0200

Hi folks,

I have noticed that both Tracker and Deskbar are using incorrect
collation when sorting: they seem to sort anything outside ASCII range
at the bottom of the list separately. I can see this in my locale
(Lithuanian) very prominently e.g. in Deskbar, because names of a few
applications, preferences, and the Fonts demo start with a non-ascii
character in my language. I also have a confirmation from Humdinger that
in German locale, collation is also bad.

My question is: under which component should I file this bug? Should I
consider it being OS-wide, or is it just these two applications?

Another bug: if I choose only my language (and don't choose country) in
Locale → Formatting, then start a Terminal and issue an `export`
command, I see that all LC_* variable carry the following value:
lt_(null).UTF-8. I assume the "_(null)" part does not really belong
there, does it? My question is again, should I file it under
Applications/Terminal or something else?

Thanks!
Rimas