[haiku-development] Re: Incorrect collation

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:17:55 +0100

Hi,

On 07.12.2011 08:42, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
I have noticed that both Tracker and Deskbar are using incorrect
collation when sorting: they seem to sort anything outside ASCII range
at the bottom of the list separately. I can see this in my locale
(Lithuanian) very prominently e.g. in Deskbar, because names of a few
applications, preferences, and the Fonts demo start with a non-ascii
character in my language. I also have a confirmation from Humdinger that
in German locale, collation is also bad.

My question is: under which component should I file this bug? Should I
consider it being OS-wide, or is it just these two applications?

The code for this is in Tracker (libtracker to be precise). Deskbar shares it. Filing under Tracker would be right for practical purposes.

Another bug: if I choose only my language (and don't choose country) in
Locale → Formatting, then start a Terminal and issue an `export`
command, I see that all LC_* variable carry the following value:
lt_(null).UTF-8. I assume the "_(null)" part does not really belong
there, does it? My question is again, should I file it under
Applications/Terminal or something else?

I would file that one under Local Kit, if that component already exists, if not, filing under System would be about right. Terminal doesn't have anything to do with that.

Thanks for your efforts!

Best regards,
-Stephan