[haiku-development] Re: gcc enable _Decimal32, _Deimal64 and _Decimal128 (and g++ decimal32, ...) support

  • From: fano il primo <fanoilprimo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 09:31:30 +0100

OK so you suggest to wait decimal floating point is ratified as a standard
native type for C/C++?
I suppose we've to wait a lot... you remember how much time tacked to adopt
"long long" as
a standard native integer?

In your opinion can be convenient to develop our own maybe more compliant
decimal class (as Be Inc. did for the string class, as C++ stdstring was
not enough mature to be usable at that epoch?) or it's better to wait it
becomes part of the C++ standard?

Let me know what you think...

Bye
fano