[haiku-development] Re: Including WiFi firmwares in Haiku

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 08:47:39 +0100

Hi Colin,

2010/1/6 Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>:
> Humdinger wrote:
>>
>> I wonder... could the script increase an online-counter when a firmware is
>> downloaded, so we could see that we have e.g. 1000 downloads and only 8
>> requests on forums/mailing list? That could give us a hint how visible the
>> clue on the Welcome page actually is.
>>

> I like the idea of getting usability data. I'd prefer setting up a poll
> (like in forums) over counting downloads (privacy concerns), though.

Would you like to elaborate what the privacy issues with counting
downloads are? As long as we don't track the downloads using IP
addresses there is nothing in that metric that compromises privacy.
(In fact, one could obtain the data by going through the web server
logs, which does store the IP address and what not, which would be a
breach of privacy if these were made available).