[haiku-development] Re: Including WiFi firmwares in Haiku

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 10:28:38 -0800

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx> wrote:
> - Potential issue:
>   - Though one can read the  license in a way, that even distributing the
> firmware would require the user to consent to it before downloading/buying
> Haiku.
>   - This is why umccullough started getting in contact with Intel itself to
> get official distribution permission. No reaction so far.
>   - Nonetheless colin sees Haiku well prepared, for the case Intel declines,
> because it would be easy to remove the firmware and modify the installer
> script to download the firmware then.

To clarify, I have not received a response from either of the two
emails I've sent (one to FreeBSD's vendor-relations group to inquire
about their agreement with Intel, the other to an individual at Intel
who was cited by OpenBSD's intel wifi documentation).

I don't currently have the time to track down another individual at
Intel - but I could perhaps again in the future. If someone else would
like to pick this up, please feel free.

- Urias