[haiku-development] Re: Include sound volume icon in deskbar by default

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 23:05:56 +0200

On 2010-05-12 at 22:50:28 [+0200], Ithamar R. Adema
<ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pieter Panman wrote:
> > Would it be an idea to include the sound volume icon in the deskbar by
> > default (new build/after installer), considering this is a media os
> > after all? Perhaps (as suggested by ithamar) the icon could hide
> > itself when less than one output channel is detected...
> I guess this could be handled reasonably subtle by a simple script at
> post-install time, like the ssh key and mime db is?

Or it could be done the same ways as ProcessController is launched
automatically. I find it convenient that it's always there. The Network
status would be nice to have too. On my notebook, I also install the Power
status applet, but I can see how that shouldn't be there by default.

Best regards,
-Stephan