[haiku-development] Re: Include sound volume icon in deskbar by default

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 22:41:57 +0100

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Or it could be done the same ways as ProcessController is launched automatically. I find it convenient that it's always there. The Network status would be nice to have too. On my notebook, I also install the Power status applet, but I can see how that shouldn't be there by default.
For the Power Status applet, couldn't we check if ACPI was available before auto-starting it? Should be possible with just a wrapper script, or even have Power status check itself if it can actually show something useful....

I'm enabling Power Status all the time too ;)

Ithamar.

PS: 6+ hrs of battery power on my EEE, I'm impressed for an OS without any explicit power management features ;)