[haiku-development] Re: Hardware cursor help needed, radeon_hd or VESA or both

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:43:30 -0800

On 11/26/2012 11:27, Axel DÃrfler wrote:
Am 26/11/2012 05:58, schrieb looncraz:
Feel free to modify or amend as needed. If necessary, I can publish a
patch for app_server which tries to use the code, but it is wholly
untested.

Please do! I would amend the set_cursor_bitmap() call with the color space, though. While it will probably stay B_RGBA32 for quite a while, who knows what the future will hold :-)

If that call fails (for example, the cursor is too large), the app_server should always be able to fall back to a bitmap cursor.

I can easily add support for the cursor function to the intel_extreme driver, at least.

Bye,
   Axel.

I had strongly considered adding color_space but figured the driver itself could do any conversions if it needs it, otherwise it just adds, IMHO, undo complexity.

Granted, just because I can't think of a single reason to use it - ever - doesn't mean someone else won't... I guess I'll add it as the parameter before bytesPerRow. Question is would we be safe using the color_space enum'd typedef or should we use uint32? I'm thinking using uint32 would be simplest all around... then again I'd prefer writing accelerants in C++ :-D

I have quite a bit going on today, sadly, so I won't get around to trying to get a patch posted until late tonight, maybe not even until tomorrow :-(

--The loon